Monday, August 29, 2016

My first Rainstorm

Hey sorry not a lot of time!!!

Sad news this week. We've discovered that our fourth apartmate has a tumor on a nerve in his spine, so he is actually about to head home to get surgery. We're going to Borobusur today - an ancient temple that is really cool, before he leaves. 

So Elder Boenari, Sukarlis and I will become a trio. Another Comp for me. I've had so many already if you count the MTC haha.

I had a great week but sometimes a little rough because every day I am seeing more clearly and in greater number my weaknesses and that's hard for me. But I'm going to work so hard to try to fix them!! I know through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can!!!! I can be very prideful, but I'm trying to just love my comps and the people and make my work solely about the Glory of God. No one came to church this week, that was sad, because two families seemed so sure they would come!! We have some cool investigators and we made some good contacts.

Got stuck in a rainstorm so we were hiding out in this store Mallish area. Pretty much August is party month in Indonesia, so there was a huge parade yesterday, so tons of people were hiding out with us. Tried to talk to as many as possible!! That was good!!! Life is just really awesome for me!!!!

Also funny, one of the daughters at a home we visited kind of reluctant to join us and when she came down her mom straight up said "oh yeah she has a big zit on her nose", while she was in the room. Haha so funny, so different. I was just thinking about what if Mom said that about Steph or Kendra in front of two boys (though missionaries). I love you!! I love hearing about your lives!!!

I'll try to answer all questions!! BTW I did get the SteriPods for my toothbrush!!

I met Elder Evans! He was great! I learned a lot about Faith and obedience and always asking for referrals!! Also super fun to meet a bunch of the missionaries here!! We drove with Elder and Sister Jeffrey about two hours each way! Kind of a bummer because you can't contact anyone with six missionaries, but it was good and relaxing too!!

Food is great!! Very different!! But great! I don't really know how to describe it... lots of rice, lots of soups. Some of it is REALLY spicy and I don't think I've even scraped the surface of that one. But when I get back I will be able to destroy all of you in Spiciness contests!! And I really haven't had any stomach problems at all! That’s Great!!! I usually get enough - I feel like I'm getting fat I hope not> A lot of people feed us. Every Tuesday and Friday we visit part member families and they always feed us- a lot. So it's Mardi Gras every week in Magelang!! Haha!! We almost always take our shoes off. BTW the shoes have really worked well so far.

Language is always hard, but I think it's improving. Listening and learning from listening is really hard. But it is definitely improving!! Language comp... depends on the person. Elder Boenari and Elder Sukarlis, maybe 80% but some other people, a nice 20% ... it's coming!!

Mom, don't be silly, of course I don't carry Toilet paper! Actually sorry, maybe I'll explain more because it IS a big part of my life. Most places have a hose that you can use to clean haha. Don't worry I wash and sanitize my hands thoroughly!! The Lord is definitely watching over me- I haven't really been sick yet!

As for letters, no. I'm thinking that they will be taking a little longer than a week.

This gospel is true and will bless all people and all nations and that's why I'm here so don't worry about me!!!!
Love you!! Send more later!
Elder Brown


Hey Mom tell Erica I loved hearing from her and tell her to send her address because I would love to write her back!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment