Monday, August 8, 2016

Touchdown Elder Trevor Brown in Indonesia

Hello Family!!!

I am in the Church in Jakarta right now emailing you!!! Wahooo!!! I think there are two buildings in Jakarta!! So I am not assigned to serve in Jakarta, but in Magelang. I think that's how you spell it!1 I'm really excited, because it is a smaller city, or maybe even not a city. You can check it out on Google Earth and know before I do!! But I am currently in Jakarts because I need a "Kitas" I think - it's like permission or permit to be somewhere not in the city of Jakarta! So all of us in our district are with temporary companions in Jakarta! Elder Scott and I are in a trio with Elder Pribawa, one of the Zone Leaders in the Jakarta zone. He speaks great English but it's a little hard because this companionship is super temporary so we haven't really planned nor communicated too much on daily plans. But he is great!! Also I love Elder Scott!! ANd my trainer in Magelang will be Elder K. Boenari who is the cousin of a really cool Elder named Elder D.Boenari (or very annoying at this moment!). Oh wait sorry I must be positive- I mean he is so SO great! (Joking, he rocks!)

So traveling was great! I was a little bit upset when I didn't really get to talk to you at all, but it's okay. Your voices are still beautiful! Glad to hear that everyone is so good! I might not be able to resp0nd to everyone. But travel was great- we made some contacts - our flight attendant to Tokyo was really cool and she seemed interested - we gave her a Restoration pamphlet because we didn't have an English Book of Mormon.

Yeah it was great. We went to bed at the mission home about 3:00 in the morning after eating some delicious fruit and we got to sleep in till 9:00. Super nice. We spent that day training- President Rowley is super awesome - he got right down to business! He is very committed to obedience and the White Handbook and he actually told us that we really won't be emailing people not in our family! But i will always love receiving letters from everyone! and you can still send the emails out to everyone!

Elder Trevor Scott Brown
Indonesia Jakarta Mission
Jalan Senopati 115
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta 12190
Indonesia

So yeah the second night we spent at the apartment! We have nine people in a four person apartment! But the apartment is huge so it's not a big deal. It's awesome! It's been so fun!! Very hot though- luckily the bedroom has AC!!

Church was so great! We went to an English ward and an Indonesian ward- they were so awesome! I got to bear my testimony in both languages because it is fast and testimony meeting!! Great! I love the members- it was so fun to meet them  all!! I love talking and a couple people have told me that i speak well, but it is so hard to Understand the natives. THey don't usually speak loud and they speak so fast!!! It's gila(crazy)!! We got to teach a lesson to our investigator (or at least their investigator) and it was awesome! Elder Pribawa had me commit him to baptism and he accepted!!

Yeah so everything is really awesome!!! I'm trying to talk to as many people as possible! I got someones phone number today and a facebook contact!! It's so fun!

Jakarta is crazy!! It's huge! the traffic is super crazy! So many scooters!! It's hot and humid but not quite as bad as I expected! I love it!! There are so many scooters everywhere!! Lots of bugs. I don't think I've gotten a mosquito bite yet- that's good!! Yeah everything is so great!!

It's hard to contact and teach, but I know that this message will bless these people's lives so so much!!! I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and I know that his church is truly on the Earth today! Kita punya nabi benar di bumi! Nama dia adalah Thomas S. Monson! Saya tahu Tahun memimpin President Monson dan melalui President Monson Allah memimpin kita! Gerja ini benar! Saya tahu itu membantu kita dan memberkati kehidupan kita! Saya tahu itu benar dan Allah mengasihi semua orang! juga, Jose[h Smith adalah nabi benar dan dia sebenarnya menerjemahkan Kitab Mormon melalui kuasa Allah. Buku itu adalah benar. Jika anda membaca Kitab Mormon, itu akan memberkati kehidupan anda.

Maybe you can google translate that Mommy!

“We truly have a prophet on the earth.  His name is Thomas S. Monson. I know that we are led by President Monson and through President Monson God leads us. This church is True.  I know it helps us and blesses our lives. And God loves everyone. Also, Joseph Smith is a true prophet and he actually translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. That book is true.  If you read the Book of Mormon it will bless your life.”

love you all so much!! Sorry I failed to take good pictures
Love you!

Take care! 


Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment