Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Made it to Magelang

Hello Everyone!!!

It is SO SO good to hear from all of you!!

SO I am in Magelang!! And it actually hasn't rained as much as all of you seem to think!! Magelang is great! It's the smallest city in the mission I think, but it's still super crowded!! Bikes were a little scary at first, but I'm quickly getting used to that!!

I see you threw out my shoes... I'm still a little mad ;)
Those peaches just look great!! I haven't found where to by fruit here like I want to...

All Indonesians are Small! Elder Boenari is probably 5'2" and Elder Sukarlis(Elder Drew's comp) is probably only 5'.

There are a lot of bugs everywhere, but I 've really only had to kill one big spider so far. IT's not bad, after a day you don't notice. there are stray Kats everywhere!!! (Haha cats, in Indonesian K makes a ke sound, c che) And lots of little lizards in the houses!
The Bathroom is not bad, it's a porcelain hole in the ground haha and the shower is only buckets but I like it!

My last couple of days in Jakarta were great!! We did have our first Indonesian rain and neither Elder Scott nor I had brought an umbrella- we got soaked!!  But yeah, it was awesome!! And the shoes and the bag are holding up very well so far!! I've lined the bag with a plastic bag, but I think the leather does it's job well!! In Jakarta was awesome because we got to ride buses and contact a lot!!! I love contacting - even though it's hard. Especially when you can't really speak the language at all!! I loved it though!!

Magelang is great!! We have a small branch where about thirty regularly come to church.... A lot of people were gone last week though, so really small. I guess we do meet in an apartment Mom... but it's got one big room up top for sacrament and two class rooms downstairs. We have a linger longer afterward which is great!! I love the members - they are awesome!! Our investigators came to the last part of church, which was great! We really wanted them to come to Sacrament meeting though! They are great!! We rode 20 minutes or so to visit them last night! They have two little girls 5 and 3 who are both adorable and crazy! and one spent a good part of our visit last night trying to kiss me haha, but I didn't let her! It makes teaching a little hard! One parent wants to get baptised but one doesn't really want to commit... We had a good talk last night though. I'm starting to understand better everyday though, which is really great!! I need to work harder on actively studying the language... I love it though!

So Magelang is up in the mountains . WE have quite a few volcanoes close to us ( don't worrry. only aone is active) and it's pretty far away haha). We are  going to climb a small hill thingy in town called "tidar" today with Elder and sister Jeffrey(senior couple). So Magelang is what they call dingin(cold). I don't think it's cold haha but it actually is really nice!! I love it!!

We haven't contacted anyone since I've been here and Elder Boenari and I have made a goal to use our time better and try to contact more... it's a little hard from bikes! Elder Boenari (i don;t say the K) only has ten weeks or so left!  a little crazy!!

Someone asked last night why I was on a mission and I was very happy to answer!! I just want everyone to know that I have a burning conviction that the Message I am sharing with the people of Indonesia is absolutely true. I believe that the Gospel and church of Jesus Christ was literally restored to the Earth by God through his Prophet Joseph Smith. That in itself is so important to share - it is truly God's work. But for me personally, it has blessed my life and my family's life So much. We are who we are today because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!! And because I am doing my best to Follow Jesus Christ, I want to share this message of happiness, and peace and also salvation with the whole world. I have already grown to love the people of Indonesia! I want them all to be happy as I am!

i love you all!

Elder Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment