Wednesday, August 3, 2016

3 day delay - but on their way!

Hey Mommy and Daddy and all people!!

So yeah, I was sitting in the devotional Sunday Night and I was writing the date of the devotional in the book and I wrote "7/31/16" in it and I just kind of looked at it, feeling like something was wrong... then I realized, it was July, not August!! Which means it was not your anniversary this last Sunday haha. Man my time conception is less than up to par, sorry! But Happy Anniversary Month!

Yeah, so we are not yet in Indonesia. That is a litttle hard, but it's also good! I think there are many reasons that we may need to be here at the MTC still. I know that I for one still need a lot of preparation!! Regardless, I know that God has a plan for his district of Indonesian Elders! If we are still at the MTC, it is because we need to be at the MTC!! SO I'm not worried, just patiently trying to find what the Lord needs me to do, even if it's hard sometimes! I am just grateful that we are not being sent out to Visa wait!

Also yes, I am a little nervous for Indonesia, but SO SO excited!! I can't wait to get to Indonesia and meet my training companion and just talk to as many people as I possibly can!! I love this Gospel! I love this church! I am the person I am today because of Jesus Christ and his Atonement! The Gospel has blessed my life in so many ways- it helps me be happy, it helps me love my family, it helps me understand who I am and my purpose on this Earth! AS I have been here, I have grown to know with such a stronger conviction that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer and because of his Atonement, we can be made clean and made whole! I know that this is all God's plan, because HE LOVES US!! He loves us so much! Because I know this and I can continually see the ways in which the Gospel blesses my life, I have such a desire to share the Gospel. I want the whole world to know what I know and feel the same happiness and peace! THat is why I am so excited to go to INdonesia!! I am so excited to go to a new place and speak the language and learn the culture, but I am so much more excited for the chance to share the message of Jesus Christ and see that message change lives!

Mommy and Drew and Steph, thank you so much for the updates on the Reunion - it sounds amazing!! I wish I could have been there! I love our family so so much! But I am so grateful to be able to be here instead! I was so glad that everyone made it up, even if it was only short for Kendra and Jackson and Peanut! Happy Late Birthday to Grandpa! Of cousre Kyle's skit was the best- it always is!! And this must have been Arianne's first reunion! I hope she loved it and it's good that she got to see her husband at his best!!

Yeah, so everything is good here!! My heel is great and I think everything else is good!! I did hurt my ankle a little playing soccer! BUt not bad! It's okay!! I think we might be done with olahraga(sports) until we leave. Don't worry Mom, I keep my shoes on- i do remember that lesson ...and the MTC has rules too!

Oh and so glad that you made it to Dal's wedding!! Good to hear that it all went well!! I hope their honeymoon is awesome!! WIsh I could have told him congratulations in person!

So yeah, District Leader can be hard, sometimes. We have an especially hard time focusing during study time - I do my best to lead by example, although I struggle with it too! I encourage everyone to coba coba coba (try try try). I'm just trying to do my best!

I do get to see Seth a lot and that is fun to talk about Drew!! I was so happy to receive your package Mom!! IT was so great! And also Kyle's!! THank you so much! I enjoyed the laser pointer, even if my Comps did not haha!

Yeah, so Elder Nelson and my cousin Elder Brown are both gone but it was so fun to see them all the time at meals and such!!

Yeah, so everything is great with me here! Just trying to do my very best and give the Lord my very best!! I have learned so much about the importance of faith in these last couple of days! I love in Moroni 7:33 that through faith in Christ "ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me". It may seem bold, I beleive this scripture is literally true!! Through faith, all things can be done!! THat is so important for me as a missionary as I strive to have faith and do the will of God and share his message with the world! I know that this truely is his work. I kknow that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is truly led by Jesus Christ through an actual prophet of God - Thomas S. Monson! I know that the Book of Mormon is a true testament of Christ. I know this because I have read it and through the mercy of God and his messenger Roh Kudus (the Holy Ghost), I know it is true. In Moroni 10:3-5, a prophet of God promises that if we "receive these things and ponder it in Hearts... and ask God ... ye may know the truth of all things" I know this promise is true!!

I love you all so so muchand I pray for you and think of you everyday!!


Love Elder Trevor Brown

Halooooooooo Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what???? We got our Visas!! Wahooooo!!!! And our travel plans. So we leave the MTC at 8:00 in the morning tomorrow and then from Salt Lake to Portland, leaving at 11:15 AM. We don't get off the plane at all in Portland and then on to Tokyo Japan, arriving at 3:15 PM (local time I think) August 5. and then depart at 6:20 PM to Jakarta, arriving at 12:10 AM August 6, so midnight!

My bags are pretty packed, so hopefully I'll figure that all out, but shouldn't be a problem. They actually kicked us out of our rooms yesterday and we had to move to a different building, so we're all pretty much packed.

We're super stoked and a little nervous!! I bought a simple Book of Mormon to give away but since we get there at Midnight, so maybe maybe not!

I love you all! be praying for me! I'm always praying for you!!!

Elder Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment