Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Top of the Needle in Tidar Indonesia


Hello Everyone,

Yeah, the bathroom is really dirty!! Actually to start off P-day today, I scrubbed the whole floor with a little hand brush!! That took a while, but I was grateful I did. I also scrubbed the mold off the wall because I remember a certain Mom telling me that it could make you sick! Thanks Mom. And all the black stuff on the floor next to the toilet... I'm not actually sure what that is... but it's not plain old dirt because it wouldn't come off when I scrubbed! And yeah, there's no water temperature control... just cold ha-ha!!

Didn't have to buy my bike! and I do have a helmet and we're ordering a reflective jacket like Drew's! So I should have one soon. I would love to hear any advice from any of you on how best to do the work - I need all the help I can get.

Elder Boenari and I are doing better with contacting - We've been going to the RTs (which are like neighborhood leaders... they know everybody in the neighborhood and can help you with things and stuff [wow, that was REALLy specific - things and stuff ha-ha]). So you go to them and basically ask if there are any Christians in the neighborhood (or you ask- is there anyone that also goes to church?) and then we are allowed to knock on their doors once we have a referral from the RT. That has been somewhat fruitful but also we've met some very interesting people ha-ha.

 Oh yeah and in Indonesia, so many people smoke, it's ridiculous. But soon, we'll help them all see the blessings of having faith and choosing not to smoke! Really, the thing that is hard for me is that I feel like I waste a lot of time that could either be used for contacting or some other good purpose... I am a firm believer in the "Talk to Everyone" approach! 
Tidar was great, I'll send some pictures! Elder Drew climbed The Needle" on top of Tidar ~ Yeah I climbed too – Sorry Mom.

 So It's about 3 dollars to send a letter from here to the US. So Mom, I was thinking about maybe sending a lot of letters in one envelope to you so you can send them all out to other people. how expensive is it to send a letter stateside?? Just let me know if that is a good idea!

The Sorensons will be amazing at that calling!! Wahoo!!

I love the people here so much and I have been humbled as I realize how much I can learn from them. There is a sister here - who is recently baptized and also one daughter is baptized and one has a date, but we only just met her husband. He is really an awesome guy! But the thing is, her faith is incredible!! She has such a surety that God is talking care of her and her family. It has inspired me to gain a greater faith. I just can't wait to see the miracles in her life with that kind of faith.

Our other friends did not make it to church... sadly. But they will come next week I am sure!
View from the church
But we had some less actives come and some investigators and it was so great, especially in Priesthood meeting with 16 of us pretty cramped in a small room!!! We'll be moving buildings in October, I think.

The Jeffreys are really great - they do so much for us!!

I have such a testimony of this work!! Everyone deserves the happiness and joy that the gospel brings!!! It's hard because so many people are Muslim, but I just can't help but think they also deserve the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and the happiness it brings. I really have been gaining a testimony this week of the power of faith and the miracles it can bring!!

Anyways, I'll probably send more, but everything here is just super great!!!!
Learning an Indonesian Dance
Indonesian Flowers I collected
We've got a mission tour with Elder and Sister Evans this week (general authorities - Asia area I believe) and then we'll have Zone meeting next week I think!!


I’ve been collecting flowers and my name tag with the beautiful family.  We had a ward party for independence day and I danced.

I love you.

Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment