Monday, September 5, 2016

Life is Beautiful

Hello Family

Don't worry mom.  Only one of the volcanoes is active.
I didn't get to spend all that much time with President, but it was great!! We ate at this pretty nice cafe- it was weird to be able to order American food haha...
And yeah that Orange vest wasn't exactly mine haha, but don't worry, I have one of my own now!!
That is SO exciting for those guys!! Great for Adam Chamberlain!!!!!! And I am SO EXCITED to hear about Robby's!!! Spenc does go in this week- crazy - 
Making Satay Chicken with a friend
I did have my first true experience of riding my bike in a true Indonesian rain. It was awesome!! My feet would dip down into the puddles ahah!! I can't wait to see the rainy season!! And the poncho worked well!! Elder Boenari used a jacket that he had found at the house (I don't know how he didn't have one of his own) but it turned out that it wasn't actually waterproof so he got soaked haha!! It was great though! It reminds me of the talk and video by President Uchtdorf "Showers of heavenly Blessings". I really have a testimony that Heavenly Father loves us so so much because we truly are his children and he wants to bless us so badly. I know it is like President Uchtdorf says and God doesn't hold back blessings until the time that we are obedient, but he is constantly sending down blessings to us, like an Indonesian rainstorm and it is up to us to close our umbrellas and take those blessings for ourselves. I see these blessings in my life everyday!!

We met some kids
We teach lessons quite often, probably about three a day, which is quite a lot. A lesson is usually guite a bit of just talking and "building the relationship" and then we ask if we can share a message. Elder Boenari usually just teaches and then kind of stops and looks at Elder Sukarlis who adds his comments and testimony and then he looks at me and I do the same. it is definitely a little hard with three of us. Also we're covering two areas so it can be really busy!! But good!! Every day we study from 8:00-12:00, because I'm training and that's a long time but it's good!! Then we go and grab some food (we do almost all our eating outside the house or sometimes we'll grab some food to go when we're headed home and eat it there. But we don't really cook.) 

Try riding this trail in the dark
Elder Sukarlis is a total goof. He has only been out 8 months. He always messes with me which is good since it keeps things light! He calls me Elder Coklat and laughs. Coklat is the word for chocolate and brown in Indonesian. So I'm Elder Chocolate, that's pretty cool!!

This week we went to go visit a friend who lives way out there in this beautiful area. And we take this little dirt path that is really rough and goes right next the big canal. It even goes between two canals at one point. Which is great, except for this time, it was night time and completely dark hah and I couldn't see anything haha. A little nerve racking but a fun adventure!!

We had a good discussion about Temples- that was good!! It really helped me strengthen my testimony that I am here in Indonesia because my family has been so incredibly blessed and I have this opportunity to help other families obtain those same blessings. Through the power of the Lord, our families can become Eternal, in the Temple and I love sharing that message with the people of Indonesia!!

We went here last PDay
It's been a little hard to be always positive sometimes. but I know that Lord is truly looking out for me and taking care of me!! After the lesson about the temple, I felt a clear impression from the Holy Spirit that said "Life is beautiful".  I was so grateful to receive that impression, because it reminded me of every good thing in life, in Indonesia, in a mission and I could think of that and not think of anything negative at all!! I am so grateful for the love and blessings of God in my life!!

Anyhting cool happen in the Olympics? How was the Anniversary? Doesn't Jackson graduate this December? What are the plans? 
Love you so much!! 

Elder Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment