Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Lord Gives Us Miracles

Hello Everyone

So Excited to hear all this about all my friends!!! I am really excited to hear about all of them!!!! IT's just awesome!!  Please express to all of them my love and support, especially my excitement to Robby!!  I would really like the addresses of a lot of my friends. 
(Please send your address to shaun@morganleigh.net if you want Trevor to have it - or write him a letter - he would love that and his address is 
Elder Trevor Scott Brown
Indonesia Jakarta Mission
Jalan Senopati 115
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta 12190
Indonesia


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!
So this week has been full of ups and downs!
One down(or technically a single up-and-down) was I had my first bike crash this week. That wasn't really fun. Ran straight into a Motor(cycle). IT was really lame, because it was totally avoidable. We were headed home and I don't know how I didn't see the Motor but suddenly there was a light in front of me. and I panicked and I moved right, because for twelve years or so of my life, I always went right, but In Indonesia, you are supposed to go LEFT. So anyways we crashed, but thankfully(definitely protection from God) I wasn't hurt and the two young men on the Motor weren't hurt. But my bike is pretty destroyed- I'll try to send pics!!

SO anyways, that wasn't good, but not too bad either!

With one bike beyond repair, Trevor is pedaling,
 Elder Sukarlis is steering.
Also, my first splits this week!! the Zone Leaders came from Solo- Elder Kekulthota and Elder Dinuzzo(Zone Leaders for all of a day thus far). I got to split with E Dinuzo. That was pretty cool! I learned a lot!! Especially since he could explain things to me in English. But the catch was, I had to lead- and Indonesian streets are crazy and unorganized... It was awesome!! :) I only got lost a little haha!! We met a group of funny ladies that immediatly gave us food(I was excited) and helped us with referral. We also had some miracles!! In ALun ALun (the city center) we were about to buy some Nasi Goreng (fried rice) but E Dinuzzo said "Oh yeah, I wanted you to try Batagor" (still not completely sure what Batagor is haha. But we found this awesome strong Christian Family there!! IT was great!

I've been trying to be more positive recentyl!! I've been singing "Something I want" from the credits of Tangled, and "Everything is Awesome" from the Lego movie. I don't know, it just makes me happy!! I know the Spirit has helped me, when I've been down, by bringing those things that make me happy to my remembrance, even if it's just a simple, kind of silly song :)

Church was great. Three came to Sacrament!! That was great!! I'm really excited about them!!
Also I've experienced personal miracles everyday as the Spirit has helped me stay positive with very specific promptings and also given me specific ideas to help the people we serve. I am SO SO grateful for the gift of the Holy ghost that we received after baptism!! I am so grateful for the opportunity to be led by the Spirit and to serve Heavenly Father the way he wants me to serve him!! I have a testimony of President Monson's words "When you are on the Lord's Errand, You are entitled to his help." That is so true. I'm reminded of 1 Nefi 3:7 

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

I know the lord will help us and prepare a way for us to keep his commandments if we have that desire and strive to do So! I know that Lord gives us miracles when we serve him with exact obedience!! I have such a testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church on the Earth. I know Heavenly Father loves you all so much and I love you!!

Love Elder Brown!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment