Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Middle School Celebrities

 Mommy!!! 
That's so cool you saw Eden!!! I'm so glad she made it in! I'm proud of her!! Wait did Living Legends come to Spokane???
Always good to hear the news from home! I have heard some of this stuff from Trump! What exactly was this order? In the MTC, we always talked about how Trump wouldn't let us back into the country... but don't worry! That would never happen haha!
Glad our cousins in Hungary got that puzzle - I want a puzzle haha!! Yes the packages have always come in just fine - I haven't had to pay yet... Elder O and me enjoyed mashed potatoes yesterday.
The district is good. We have us four Elders and two Sisters - Sister Xiao born in Indonesia but raised in New Zealand and Sister Angelie born in Bogor(same as Elder Wijaya). They are alll awesome! But being a district leader is hard! Most of the time I have no idea what to do... advice from my Bros would be awesome!
I was feeling a little sick this morning but hopefully it will go away! HAha I did wake up to use the bathroom feeling kind of sick and as I woke up - I heard noise - so I looked in the kitchen finding two rats in there who promptly ran past me and down the shower drain - I'll have to work on that haha. Also this morning our faucet totally broke off and started spraying everywhere - so I have to figure that out haha.
We saw some miracles! We feel like the Spirit led us directly to this family.  We also had fun - we got invited to speak at an English camp . So when we walked in the big gym area there were 200-300 middle school kids in there and when we walked in they went crazy!! I felt 100% like a celebrity! Being white in Indonesia is pretty much like being a celebrity!!! HAHA.

Yeah so about this week!! It was a little rough - but really good!! I have become much better friends with Elder Ostermiller - we are SO different - but I love him! So that was a highlight of this week!! But it's been a little rough because we realized at the beginning of the week that we really have like zero investigators and so we basically spent all week trying to find new investigators - doing RT contacting the entire time (which is like the Indonesian version of tracting from door to door) and we taught a good amount of lessons including the Restoration (which is the first thing we usually teach about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the Prophet Joseph Smith in this day and time.). But at the end - we basically feel the exact same. We found some people who seem interested and were really awesome and they dropped us like we're hot (which I mean - we are ;) or in other words told us they don't want to meet again. One guy said he wants to read the whole Book of Mormon but made it quite clear he doesn't want to see us until after that... haha but it was still GOOD!! Because God is GOOD! 
And that's why we're out here working so hard because we love God enough and love his children enough to keep trying because we know that this gospel WILL bless their lives - no exceptions! That's why we do this! And I LOVE it!!! Even if it can be really hard sometimes!
I love you ALL!!!!!!
Elder Trevor Brown

PS how was Dad's birthday???????

No comments:

Post a Comment