Monday, February 20, 2017

Swimming - But not with the Spider

Hello Everyone

How many monkeys?
WOW - that is awesome (response to news of Brielle Crump’s mission call)! Tell her hi and congrats for me!

I love Madeleine! I didn't even know she was in Sweden - so cool!! (response to news that a friend is serving in Sweden – and her brother is headed to Indonesia)

Thaank you for everything Mommy!! No rush on the package - I am doing fine with the poncho I have now! Life is good! But no rush!!!

It's good that you got to talk to Steph’s companion's Mom - I hope they just click!! When I saw the picture - I almost said "Oh good - she's not a solo" but I guess she is! Make sure to send all her emails to me every time - promise??
I don’t know who assigns companions - but it probably is the Branch President!! Wow that means Drew can communicate through his teacher (Drew’s Arabic professor at BYU is Stephanie’s MTC Branch President)- that's so cool! I can't believe it Mommy!
Oh yes that awful Spider - that was so funny! so we find and we're all freaking out a little cause this thing looks Nasty! but we know that if we take our Mosquito Spray and  lighter we can make a legit flame thrower (sorry Mommy) so we're all standing there watching it - I've got the flame thrower, Hansen has a book, Ostermiller has something - I think the broom and Elder Wijaya has a bucket. So the Spider literally jumps from the door and runs toward the three Americans and Elder Wijaya is opposite us in the door way, so he chucks his bucket at the Spider in an attempt to trap but which only serves the purpose of hiding the spider from our vision for a second so we're all freaking out and jumping and screaming like little girls until we see it again go under Hansen's closet. Then we ROASTED that thing! Woo! That was intense haha - mission adventures!!!

Mommy  it's been a week of ups and downs - but the highlight was - I got to baptize the Sister's investigator - Brother Jacky!! That was fun!!! And Sister Nina - the other Elders' investigator was baptized too!!! Large turnout - it was awesome! AND when I unplugged the font, it was so deep, I literally had to go completely under to unplug it - so I got to go swimming haha!! SO fun :)
That was great! The waterfall last week was great! Elder Ostermiller has been sick this week so we've been inside a lot! We're going to the doctor today to see if we can figure out what it actually is!
Being a district leader has been very hard and stressful but I am learning! I am learning that I have to love those I lead no matter what and I can't just expect and demand from them, but I have to give, support and inspire!!!! I am really working on that... it can be way frustrating, but I need to be more humble and rely more on the lord to help me! Still working hard!
I know that Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth and I know that God has called Prophets again to lead us in our lives. I share this every day, because I believe it is true and I believe it WILL bless every single person's life who comes to know this truth for themselves., God loves us. He is our literal Heavenly Father!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Elder Brown

Pistachios are not really here - that sounds great Mommy!

No one made it to church :( It's hard but we keep trying!!

GOOD to hear Mommy - I've been so worried about her and praying hard!

Crazy  Zumba party in the mall with a famous Zumbaist from Sweden.


No comments:

Post a Comment