Sunday, January 22, 2017

Magelang and Malang Musical Chairs

Very cool for Steph and Janson! (family members headed to the mission field soon) And so sorry and of course praying for Joelle and Aunt Sabrina! (great friend and loved Aunt suffering from the same brain cancer). Please send them all my LOVE!!
I'm sorry mom - I feel like I kind of brought everything perfect for what I needed (I asked him for advice on things Stephanie may want to bring that he forgot). By the way - those CTR socks are really good!! I probably would have brought a bigger suitcase Mom. Packing is always a challenge!
Life is way good here!! Elder Hansen and I had an awesome week - we taught a lot of people!! And on Sunday one of our long term investigators came and two new guys from Papua that the Sisters met - they are super cool!! They missed Sacrament meeting but came to Asas Asas Injil I mean Gospel Principles class! That was fun!! We walked in and they were like "oh yeah, it's the missionaries turn to teach!" so I had to teach haha which is always hard and a little stressful especially if there are new investigators there! We also went to Priesthood with the young Men so that was fun!! Those two Papuans are named N  and M!
We haven't been able to meet with A again so pray for him!! But we've also been finding a lot of cool new people to teach!
There was also a big surprise this week! We were teaching English Class and President Rowley called and he was like "Hey I'm sending Elder Fowler to Magelang!" (SO just after I left, all the Magelang Elders got arrested. So they had to stay in the house for a week only leaving to eat and stuff.   The after affect was that most of the Magelang Elders moved. and the guy who replaced me Elder Ostermiller switched with Elder Fowler, and is here now). So anyways I am now companions with Elder Ostermiller. He's an awesome buff football player and a great guy from Rexburg area. And Elder Hansen and Wijaya are companions - so that also means that I am now the District Leader in Malang. I still have no idea how to do that so it's a little stressful, but fun!!
Life is way good!!!! I learned so much about God's eternal plan this week and why the Atonement of Jesus Christ is SO important and I add my humble testimony that Jesus really did Atone for our sins and He really is our Savior. I testify that He has called a prophet on this Earth to lead and guide us. It just shows how incredibly great His love is for us!
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Elder Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment