Thursday, January 19, 2017

I Love Life!


Mother!! Good... night!!! I love you!!
question- Did Hawaii really get snow????You mentioned that earlier!
Everything sounds awesome! GO AUNT SABRINA!! She's pretty amazing!!!
Don’t worry I am pretty particular about the clothes too haha.  Yes, some of the pants have split a bit - but I fixed them :) and haven't bought anymore here - honestly these four might last me all the way through! The shirts are getting pretty terrible - I'm sure I can buy more somewhere but I haven't looked yet! I'm trying to figure out how to whiten or bleach them - any suggestions? I also have some unused ones at the mission home that I was planning on grabbing when I go to renew my visa around the year mark!
Yeah - I've got a lot of ties - I really like the batik ones- they're fun! :)
Awesome for Brooke and Jansen - which mission is he again???
Who's Stephy's new mission president?
Keep it up on the Book of Mormon - that is SO important!! ALWAYS start with a prayer - sorry that's my best suggestion! And maybe keep a little scripture journal writing down thoughts and impressions! :)
So a little about my week...
Elder Hansen was sick! We came home early on Thursday and he stayed in all Friday and Saturday. But luckily Saturday I got to go out and work half the day with Elder Fowler and half the day with Elder Wijaya!!  I almost wanted to stay home and just rest but after working that day I just felt so great and way better than I would have had I been cooped up all day in the house! But we also saw some miracles!
Our new simpatisan Mas A (who we met on the street and came to the Christmas activity) he accepted a baptismal commitment! I'm so excited to help him prepare for this amazing step in his life! Baptism for the remission of sins is SO cool! It's really like being born again and starting a new life which is so amazing! And I love it because you get to begin a new life founded on Christ which is a certain recipe for joy (not easiness but JOY)!! So amazing to help these people change their lives like this!!
Also I heard from the Magelang crew that both my investigators Mas H and Sister E were baptized in the recent weeks! So cool!!! :) The Magelang Elders also hiked Sumbing without me :(
We also met a lot of cool people this week who are all so amazing! We met one "inactive" Sister who is only inactive because she has cancer but she is INCREDIBLE!! Her testimony is so strong!!! Sister S - she's incredible!
Also yesterday President Iwan who is a counselor in our Mission Presidency (and he is just amazing) took us to the Hospital to visit people and we happened to meet and take a picture with this super important guy named Pak Hasyim (I can’t remember his last name) but he used to be the Indonesian Vice President! That was cool!!!
Also something funny - people here often wear English things and say English words but don't know what it means! SO the other day this little kid flips me off and then uses the F-word at me but he just said it so nicely!! I have never heard the F-word used so nicely haha because he just thought it was cool he speak some English words to me haha!
People here are so incredible! Even a Sister who was sick at the hospital insisted on giving us cake and snacks even though she was the sick one ha-ha!!
Man Mommy I love life!! Miss you so much but I love it here!!
I have felt this week the love of Christ for these people in Indonesia! I have felt hi help me as I struggle to do his work here!!! I know HE is watching out for us and all of you!! because he loves us!!!
I know He leads this church and I know he leads His Prophet Thomas S. Monson on the Earth today! I know that Jesus Christ and Allah gave us the Book of Mormon and it is firman Allah... I mean the Word of God!!
I love you all!!!!!

Love Elder Trevor Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment