Monday, November 28, 2016

Becoming in Magelang

Well, I am not moving!!! I am staying in Magelang!! :) But Elder Sukarlis did move - to Solo as a Zone Leader (which is one of the leadership positions on a mission). He had to get trained so he left before actual transfers... and you know what that means... Threesome. Ugh. Man I have spent so much of my mission in a tripanionship! but it was good- Elder Cravens and Elder Corey are both super awesome! In fact- I am coming to Love Elder Cravens so much! He is SO awesome! and such a good missionary with a good work ethic and great desires! Man I love that guy! But today, we'll be getting a new missionary - Elder Tracy (who is actually a friend from BYU) so that will be really fun!
Kentucky Fried Chicken in Indonesia

The meeting with Elder Evans was awesome!! I loved it!! I was so happy because we didn't really focus so much on skills. But we really focused on "becoming" and change and remembering our purpose here which is to really bring others to Christ. And we talked about obedience and miracles and lots of other really awesome things. I just really felt that this was more what we needed. We didn't need a lecture about how we could do better in everything, but we needed that reminder and inspiration that this is the Lord's work and we ARE the Lord's servants. I also really loved it because Elder Evans made it apparent to us that he expects us to be better and the Lord expects us to be better., But the really amazing thing is that the Lord WILL HELP us become better. We just need to have the right desires and submit our will to his! We also talked about goals and he used the example of the prophet Nephi and his brothers Laman and Lemuel. The brothers were afraid to do the Lords work because there was a powerful man standing as an obsatacle - a man "who could command fifty" but to Nephi - it did not matter. He knew the power of the Lord and he knew all things were possible in God, so he believed and acted with faith!!! Anyways it was great!!!
Also in fun news - we've spent the last two Sundays in the Jeffreys house for church because our old church is completely destroyed, but the new one isn't ready yet  - that's been fun!! :)
Passion Fruit

This week was pretty rough in terms of working because we became a threesome and it rained so much!! If anyone has ideas of what could be done in the rain (especially Drew) please tell me :)

I love you all!! Life is so good!!! I know that Christ lives and he wants to help and bless all of us in this life!!!!

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment