Thursday, December 8, 2016

God in Heaven is your Father!

Wow what a week!! Well that is a good way to describe every week! Haha :) Life in Indonesia is AWESOME! Though this week actually was a little rough. Our progressing investigators aren't really progressing and we didn't get any new investigators this week... So we just didn't feel all that successful... That's okay - we'll just work even harder next weeek!! 

Ibu E didn't make it to church so she will not be baptised on the eleventh which is a bummer others also didn't make it... in fact no one at all made it haha. That was a little depressing because we really tried so hard to get them to come!  I just know if they decide to act on the things we teach them, they will be so blessed!!! Elder Evans asked a very piercing question to us missionaries last week - he said "Do you actually really truly believe that this gospel is the things that will bring these people the greatest happiness?" I definitely had to stop and think about that. But after some thinking I realized that I do believe that - i know that God gave us this gospel so we can choose to live it and because we live it, we will be happy! I just know this is God's work!! I know he called me here so I could bring these blessings that come from living the gospel to the Indonesian people!

We're really excited for next week though! We will be in the new church for next week!! Wahoo!!! I'm so excited!! We have a really big open house planned for Saturday which we hope will go well!!! We're so excited!! The new church is so cool!! It even has a baptismal font which was a pleasant surprise!!! 

Sorry no great stories or anything in here today!! Shout out to my brother Drew turning 23 today :) Love you all and I just testify that even when things are hard - there is a God in heaven who is your Father who always loves you!!!

Elder BRown

 

No comments:

Post a Comment