Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Man I Love Conference!

Hello my wonderful family and friends!!
Just checking in from Manado Indonesia! I actually am here and I sent pictures so those doubters(cough Spencer Jensen cough) can see that I did in fact move. I haven't gotten a really good picture of the beach at Sunset yet, but we'll snag one sometime. Also a lot of pictures from Zone Conference in Surabaya. We had a great week in Manado this week!
It ended great with General Conference! Although its always a little bit of a bummer to watch conference in Indonesian (not that I love Indonesian but I miss hearing the Prophet and Apostles' actual voices!). We had 7 friends come to conference which was really exciting - I hope they all felt the Spirit! I loved all the talks but especially President Nelsons about the Book of Mormon - it was just perfect for one of our investigators. Man I love conference.
Elder McWhorter(who is a stud) and I experienced many small miracles this week, most of them the Lord putting us just in the right place at just the right time. I will relate a few few your benefit.
1. Being a tad late to meet a member and seeing one of old investigators walk by at the precise moment.
2. Walking down one side of the street and seeing a man on the other side and Elder McWhorter going to talk to him because Elder McWhorter rocks. He doesn't have eyes at all. He was waiting for his wife and we invited him to wait at the church instead because we were going there for English Class. We ended leaving him there because we didn't want his wife to not find him. Then in the middle of English Class, he walks right in haha! Then the next day guess who walks in right in the middles of conference. He and his wife-we are going to go visit them this week.
3. Walking down the street just to see some people we had met previously to invite them to conference.
4. Our investigator calling over some random girls who wanted a photo with the bules(white guys). Ended up figuring out one was related t our investigator #bringingpeopletogether and they were interested and came to conference the next day.
5. My investigator in Jakarta was baptized!
So anyway lots of miracles. I really enjoy working with Elder McWhorter. We might get bikes this week which would be legit.
I just want to say how much I loved General Conference (if you don't know what general conference is, check it out!). I have a testimony that those men truly are prophets in a very literal sense called of God. I love hearing their words and their messages from God. Their testimonies of Jesus Christ are just so powerful. I add my testimony to theirs that he truly lives and as President Eyring says He truly did Atone for your sins. I love you all! I hope everything is going swell and that this next week will be the best one yet!
Love,

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment