Monday, September 25, 2017

Hello from Manado!!

Manado is GREAT!! It is SO different from everywhere else, just the feel is pretty different. It's more of a small town. Am I really that far away?? Wow.

I love it here already!  it's really beautiful. it's cool , so many people are Christian here, so it makes the way we work pretty different! It's been great so far. Elder McWhorter is one of a kind! He is a great missionary. He is so nice and fun and happy and he works really hard. His testimony is so  powerful - it is incredible!

But ya, last week was pretty crazy. I went on Tuesday to the mission home at Senopati and really enjoyed MLC there with all the Zone leaders and Sister Training Leaders and then slept in that house. In the morning, we flew to Surabaya and I got to work a day or so with Elder Siddoway and Wijaya, that was great!! I LOVED riding a bike again, even if it was only for a day!! Didn't feel the earthquake though, Then we had Zone Conference on Friday, which was really great!! We learned a lot. We've been doing a lot of role-play which is really helping us become more powerful teachers. One of the senior missionaries told me that elder McWhorter and I taught really well together, which was cool because we had never taught together at all before that.

Then on Saturday, we flew in to Manado and it is AWESOME!! It honestly feels more like Hawaii than Indonesia haha. I really love it though! We will see so many miracles here!! I am so excited.

Church was really great and the branch is cool! They usually have about 70 in attendance!

Anyways, everything is great.  Oh ya one thing more - it's interesting, because there are two houses here, so Elder McWhorter and I live alone, so that is a new experience for me!!
The house was really dirty when I came in, but we did some good cleaning!
I had to teach 3rd hour priesthood yesterday (I was told about 20 minutes before). We talked about family scripture study - so thank you for always being a great example of that!! You are amazing!!
I really like this new city but it is definitely different!! Here churches will play music and sermons over the loud speakers which is so different than in other cities haha!! I hope everything is going super great with everyone!!

So yeah everything is great!
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment