Monday, October 30, 2017

Look for the Blessings and the Miracles

Selamat pagi semuanya!! Apa kabar??
How is everyone this week?? I hope are all happy and healthy! I hope everyone had a really great week. We had a pretty good week over here in Manado Indonesia! Lots of great times this week! Two big highlights - Sepeda (bicycls) and Es kreme (ice cream)! Now you may ask - what is important about bicycles and icSelamat pagi semuanya!! Apa kabar?? Well I'll tell you.
First things first (because Ice Cream should always be first #shoutouttoStephanieBrown), Elder McWhorter and I were looking at getting some ice cream on Pday, but Indonesia doesn't really have the best of Ice Cream and he was about to get the .75 liter one and I was like "Woah Elder Slow down. That .75 liter one is like 33000 Rupiah per liter, but if we got this 8 liter one, it's only 20000 Rupiah per liter." And the rest is history :) I have definitely eaten more ice cream this week, but then again, you can never have too much Ice Cream!
SO now  Bicycles! The once foot-borne Manado Elders now ride on wheels! Oh ya!!!!! That is what I am talking about! It has been so awesome and riding around mountainous Manado has felt so great! When you conquer the hill, you just feel like a boss #shoutouttoDrewBrown... So anyway that has been really fun.
I will try my best to send out pictures of both these wonderful occurences :)
But in reality, while those things were both fun, they were nowhere close to the best or most important parts of the week.
This week started off with a great DTM (District Training Meeting) or at least I thought it was great and i left feeling a greater urgency to share the wonderful truths of the gospel with the wonderful people of Manado. Then on Wednesday, I went on splits with Elder Wibowo who is a stud of a missionary and I leaned a lot from him and we were able to visit some inactive members and find some new investigators to teach. That was a really fun day and then after that Elder McWhorter and I just found so many people to teach who are just so great! It's really awesome, because we made some new Zone Goals and our Zone Leaders taught us that if we want to Baptize in November, we have to find those people now! so we are excited - although no one has yet accepted our challenge to be baptized by someone who truly holds the Priesthood authority of God, we know they felt the power of our message and we know it will bless their lives so greatly.
We even had a cool experience at church on Sunday where we had gone out to help our friend who didn't want to come in because he didn't feel his pants were nice and it was great as we were able to testify to him that the Savior Jesus Christ didn't care about his pants but the Savior cares about HIM. and as we did so another man walked past and we invited him to come to church and eventually they both came in!! It was awesome :) Also another friend that came ended up knowing one of the members, so she felt very comfortable at church and that was great! Anyways good week. We had a lot of fun!
This week President Rowley also asked us to focus on The Book of Mormon and how important it is to our message and how it can truly bring people closer to Christ. We had an awesome experience teaching a really great friend of ours that The Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I was able to testify that the book was true and that it would open the doors to personal revelation through the Holy Spirit so that he could overcome his problems. As I did, i felt the Spirit testifying to me that it was true! I know that the Book of Mormon is a book from God. And that takes nothing away from the Bible - I also know the Bible is the word of God. But at this time I want to testify that the Book of Mormon is of God and anyone who reads it WILL come closer to God. It testifies that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I KNOW that is true. I love sharing it with the people of Indonesia and I love sharing it with you all who I love so much.
And I do love you. SO much!
I hope everyone has an amazing week. Look for the blessings and the miracles!
Love

Elder Trevor Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment