Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Atonement is All about Change

So this week was great!

Thank you EVERYONE for the birthday wishes - I will try to respond to them all - I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!
 
We started off well by destroying the other Elders and Sisters in Bowling! That was great!!! Got some free Es Buah (which is this delicious fruit soup stuff) for it!
We also got to take two new missionaries Elder Park and Elder Hart on splits for a couple days! I was with Elder Hart from the great state of California - it was super great! We had  a good time! He is awesome and was really brave even though his language is still new - I learned a ton from him. Haha i just about left him at the train station. I started running and he maybe didn't and I jumped on, then held the door, but got kinda shoved away from the door, so he jumped on and the door tried to close on him and I had to grab him and yank him in haha. It was pretty awesome!
We taught a lot of people this week! We had 6 people come to church which is miraculous in itself and it was relly cool - the members were great!! One member said "Elder, golden investigators." We had a really good lesson with one friend and he said "Is it really okay for me to baptized again??" so we taught him about the Restoration of the  Priesthood and authority of God and then said "So what do you think?"  I really hope the spirit testified to him in the moment. A lot of good progress with our simpatisans. I'm trying to see them and love them as God does.

This week we have an activity with the YSA in Jakarta to learn Sign language together to help support our investigator who is way cool!


I thought a lot about change this week! It's so sad that some people think they are the way they are or they are in the situation they are in and it can't be changed. But the whole reason for the Atonement is change! I just have this testimony that the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes it possible to change and become better. I love something Steph taught me "It is never the worng time to be who you want to be" I know that we can change and that is an incredible gift in and of itself! I love you all - you are incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment