Monday, May 22, 2017

it's really impossible not to be happy and excited

Mom
I was actually just going to ask you about Brendan!! Great you got to see him and Conner - every time you see anyone, tell them I love them! I was also wondering if you could tell me how Zoe and Kylee and Bethany and those guys are doing! Also who are the people graduating in our ward this year?
If you don’t mind, I'm just going to jump into highlights from my week! It was a good week!
It was SO great to talk to you all last week - like Heaven on Earth :)

It was super fun to be a threesome with Elders Subagio and Grundvig last week and now it's nice to be just the two of us again. We totally thought Elder Subagio was moving - but turns out not - yay!
We met a lot of realy cool people this week! Many of whom were actually referrals from Elders Bell and McKeon who are some pretty fantastic missionaries!  We now have 5 people committed to be baptized and more on the way! They are not quite ready yet, but as we work together, I am so excited to see these amazing people come closer to our Saviour Jesus Christ through faith and repentance and when they are ready baptism! Wahoo!
We met a really cool guy from Africa! He randomly showed up to Stake Conference - pretty miraculour, because he showed up to the normal building and coincidentally another brother visiting from America showed up too but no one was there! So together they figured out it was stake conference and showed up together! Then, that night, we taught the man from Africa and at the end of the lesson he said "I would like to baptized... next week". So that was really cool! His faith in Jesus Christ is INCREDIBLY strong! It was a privilege to get to teach and learn with him and I'm excited to see his progression!
Life is just so good! I love seeing the truth change people's lives! So many people are just searching and they just want to come closer to God and find truth and every day I get to share my personal testimony that Jesus Christ lives and has restored His truth to the earth. It's pretty awesome!
Some other good things:
I bought a backpack a couple weeks ago- it's super awesome!
I made biscuits MoM!! i had no shortening a, so I used oil and it actually turned out a lot like yours - they were way good!
We have a big, mission wide meeting with Elder Soares this week - that will be so fun!!! I'm stoked about that!
I've been working really hard to be kinder and happier and love more! Elder Bell taught me that faith really affects our attitude - and if we are focusing on our faith, it's really impossible not to be happy and excited to share this wonderful restored gospel with those around us!!
I just love ALL of you so much and as much as I miss you - I know I am supposed to be here serving my brothers and sisters in Indonesia!
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Brown

LOVE hearing about it all from Regionals! Big bummer for Bryce!

No comments:

Post a Comment