Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Jakarta Bound Elder Brown

Ya we're changing a lot - Sister Xiao and I are going to Jakarta and Elder Hansen to Manado!
Elder OStermiller will become district leader and train!! Wahoooo!!
I'm going to Jakarta to be a Zone Leader there which is really scary because I still don't know how to be a good missionary and definitely not a good district leader and now I'm called to be a Zone leader - I'll just have to rely on the Lord more than ever!!
Jakarta is definitely a LOT bigger city than Malang and Magelang! And a lot hotter!! But I'm way excited!!! The only things I'm not stoked about are in Jakarta 
1. You don;t ride bikes and 
2. the food is expensive :( But at least that will help me not get fat!!!
But really - I''m way stoked!! My new companion will be Elder Subagio from the city of Bogor - I've only met him once, but everyone in the Bogor squad is awesome!! I leave tomorrow morning but not too early - that's nice!
And yes for the record - we got your message through President Rowley - he thought it was hilarious and we did not eat any snails - but now they all live outside our front wall haha!
Bummer for the Zags but 2nd is great!
General Conference was awesome - I did love Elder Palmer's talk! We had a mission goal for every companionship to bring at least one investigator to conference and my District reached that goal!! Our investigator came, she's awesome!!!
We rode our bikes SO far this week - twice!! One wasa media referral from Salt lake! We show up to the university which was like 8 kilos farther away then we thought haha and it was a muslim university which was stranger becasue we were two missionaries invited to go there! Way fun though and the gate just opened directly for us - we didn't even have to slow down haha!
 
I'll tell you all about the exciting Jakarta adventures! I'm stoked for the new opportunities to become better and to leave behind my old weaknessses!!
I love you all!!! I hope everyone has an awesome week!! I loved conference this week and I know that those men were truly called and inspired of God! I know that Thomas S.Monson is a prophet!!! I know that Jesus Christ leads this church through him!!!
Everyone have an awesome joyfilled week!!!!!
Love

Elder BRown

No comments:

Post a Comment