Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Escape of the Snails

Hello Everyone
Just want to tell you a bit about the week! It wasn't a ton that happened!
Two funny stories - we planned our food very well this week for fast sunday! (In our church, every first Sunday of the month we fast for 24 hours to bring ourselves closer to God and we also don't buy food on the Sabbath day) - so we have to plan well on Saturday. We love eating ice cream cones from macdonalds here beacuse they dip it in flavorings that harden on the top and there is this REALLY delicious new flavor - sea salt caramel. So Elder O says - hey let's go to the mall, buy cones, and try to ride back as fast as we can and put them in the freezer before they melt so we can eat them on Sunday when we break our fast - to which I said "sounds like the best idea ever" so thus we did. But there were two problems 
1. My bike was in the shop so I'm riding a way not-nice bike to ride. 
2. the road from the mall to our house is sketchy. 
Long story short - we cross this kind of sketchy bridge and my ice cream is melting all over my hand - but I need to switch the gear - with my ice cream hand. oh no. So I try, lose my balance and fall toward the side of the bridge (which has a small wall to stop people from falling to their death - so in an effort to not die - I put my arm out and stopped myself - so my arm stopped and my body stopped but that delicious ice cream did not. It just popped right off the cone and sailed away into oblivion. Hopefully landed in some kids mouth. Elder O thought it was SOO funny. I thought it was sad haha as I had another ice creamless sunday.
Another - we found some snails. Elder O was like "Wow - we could eat these" (he's a bit crazy!) and so he contracted a bunch of little kids and they gather like 40 huge snails. We stopped by the house to leave them there but left to go to another appointment and we come back and boom they had all climbed (or slimed) ut of the bag and onto the bike - it was so funny! ANd Elder Wijaya and Elder Hansen were SO confused why the bike was covered with snails. I'll update later if we actually do cook them.
We also did a lot of missionary work - good week! Nothing really big happened!! But I do know and testify that this is the Work of God! It just amazes me that he actually trusts us to to help him in it!!!
I love you all so much!!!

Elder Brown

MOTHERS NOTE:  Two heart attacks this week.  1.  Elder Brown almost falling to his death, due to salted caramel covered ice cream.  2. The thought of Elder Brown putting one of those snails in his mouth.  I contacted the mission president to ask him to please tell Elder Brown NOT to EAT the snails.  Thankfully, Pres. Rowley called him right away, and emailed back to say they would NOT eat the snails.  

No comments:

Post a Comment