Monday, April 17, 2017

Hardwork = 5 Hours on the Bus in Hot, Humid Jakarta


So I am here! The holy land (not).
But it is the center of the mission - we're close to the mission home and to President and the Assistants - it's a lot of fun!
This place is SO different than any other place I've been - Malang and Magelang are two of the smallest cities in the mission and relatively cool - Jakarta is GINORMOUS and not relatively cool haha!
And the work is WAY different here! Because we don't have bikes it takes a LONG time to get anywhere - so macet (traffic)! Wow! And that's also how we contact in general we just ride busses around - you pay 3.5 thousand to get on(about 25 cents) and then you can ride for as long as you want to wherever you want without paying as long as you stay in the system - it's really  cool! But it can also get really tiring and hard! A lot of the time you have to stand and sometimes its so crowded you can barely move! My first day here all of our appointments fell through and we rode on buses contacting for about 5 hours straight! Wooh!! So it can be hard but it is also way fun!!
My companion Elder Subagio is awesome - he is so cool and funny!!! Man he's a great guy - he's from Bogor hes my age and he goes home in September! It was also super fun because we got new missionaries and so we're in a threesome with Elder Nordwald fro Missouri until he gets his papers and stuff- he visa waited in my cousin Alex's mission in Logan Utah and now he's going to be trained by Elder Ostermiller!! He's way cool!!
Tomorrow we have MLC (Mission Leadership Council) with all the Zone Leaders and President and the Assistants! I'm way excited to see all the things that I will learn and I also get to see my Surabaya Zone Leaders and some other friends! Sweet!!
Life he is good! We cover the English ward and it was way weird to have church in English and then with Indonesian makes for a lot of church! Also it means that we take all English investigators (well us and the other missionaries that live with us) so yesterday we went to Bogor to teach someone who is a refugee from Afghanistan! It was WAY hard to teach in English but way fun!!
Life is good! I'm happy and I'm pumped to share the gospel!!! I just know that it is the truth and I know the truth truly does set us free... and make us happy and bring us peace and bring us closer to the source of ALL truth - our Father in Heaven!!! ANd I know that this Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is lead in truth by Jesus Christ through a living prophet!!
I love you all and hope you have an AWESOME WEEK!!!!

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment