Monday, October 3, 2016

October and Obedience Brings Miracles

Hello Everyone
Elder Brown was happy to get letters.
Oh I'm so excited for Conference- that will be next week for us!! And I think I will be able to watch in English, which will be better for me!!!
That's SO cool that Taylor got to sing in the choir and so cool that her Mom and Dad were watching!!!
So a little update on the work here!! We have the family EMA planning to be baptized on October 16th - they really are SO awesome!!!! Just keep praying for them!! Elder Sukarlis and Elder Dickey have 3 people on date- One who is fantastic!!! She has experienced some miracles for sure!! When Elder Drew and Elder Sukarlis contacted her in Alun -Alun she ran  away crying!! So we were riding as a threesome (me in back) and I heard "Elder Elder" well actually I heard "Elder Brown Elder Brown" though I'm not sure if that was the Spirit or she just saw my nametag... But we stopped and this girl ran up to me and the first thing she said was, "Where is Elder Drew?" Then she saw Elder Sukarlis(who didn't remember her at first) and long story short, he and Elder Dickey(the new Elder taught her the next day, and she is getting baptised!! She'd been to church two weeks in a row!! Miracle for sure!! When she came to church she said "It feeels like I just got a new family" It is SO important that every single member is ready and willing to welcome with open arms and wide smiles any one else who might come in or wander into their fold!! It can make all the difference!!! Also a new investigator named T who is really great!! I got to teach him with Elder Sukarlis and he is just so sincere- it's fantastic!!!! Also Pak M who can really only meet on Sunday's and I'm not quite sure the update on his progression! But we are definitely experiencing miracles here!!
This week was kind of crazy- I spent 6 days of the week with a companion other then Elder Boenari and 5 comps in one week. Elder Dickey had to go to the hospital in Jojya to get an MRI, so Elder Boenari went with him for two days and I was with E Sukarlis for two days(monday and thursday) and then we went on Splits with the Zone Leaders Tuesday and Wednesday. Elder kekulthota and Elder Dinuzzo. THat was so awesome!!! We worked really hard and had some cool experiences!! I really loved working with Elder Dinuzzzo - a convert of a couple years! He really helps me see with a good perspective!!! And helps me learn a lot - he's a deep thinker and just really puts more thought into things than I do!! He's super cool!! We had some miracles- our last action of the night- it was like 8:45 and  we were kind of like, well, I guess we can just go home... even though we didn't want to be there until 900 and we were going home and I just said, let's stop by Alfamart(which I had never actually been to before- I always go to Indomaret) a convenience store and as we walked in, we heard "Mormon" and we were like "Woah" because almost no one knows the word Mormon. and it was this guy who'd niece was going to BYU Hawaii but they weren't members!! Such a miracle!!! And it came from being obedient and searching for just one more contact before we went home!!! So cool!!
Now after the zone leaders- Elder Boenari and I have like 30 contacts/referrals from RTs to visit this coming week!! So awesome!! I think it will help Elder Boenari finish strong with so much to do!!!! Also I went to Solo with Elder Dickey yesterday to go talk to President who was there- which was great!! It sounds pretty likely that E Dickey will be going home for his Knee.... That's pretty sad!! Talking to President was awesome though!!! He is amazing, but his work is really hard right now- the mission's obedience level is pretty dismal in some aspects and President is trying to fix it!!!
I was also pretty sick yesterday but feeling much better!!!!

I have a burning testimony that the work I am doing in Indonesia is the work of God. Our Heavenly Father loves these people so so so much and he has called me to help them and bring them to Christ and Exaltation. It is really a humbling calling!!!! But I 'm trying! I know that the Lord Jesus Christ truly lived two thousand years ago and he truly lives again. He Atoned for the sins and trials and sicknesses and struggles of each and everyone of us!! I am so grateful for that blessing!!!
Love Elder Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment