Monday, October 24, 2016

Elder C from Tennessee and GO CV!

Hello everyone,

I am so good this week!! I killed my dad!! Haha in mission language that means I was the last companion for my trainer before he went home! But he did go home and we miss him but Elder Sukarlis and I were very excited to get two new companions. His new comp is Elder Corey... and mine is ELDER CRAVENS!! He's a really awesome guy! He's been out about a year and a half (actually exactly kemarin(yesterday)). It's really fun to work with him! He's really coool - although also a very unique guy! He's from Tennessee!

When he got here it suddenly felt like we had no one to teach at all! Haha. So we've been working really hard at Proselyting RT's. We basically go to an area and ask "Di mana rumah Pak RT?" so where is the Rt's house. Then we ask him where all the Christians live and he tells us their names and sometimes explains where they live and maybe even leads us to their house. By the way, everytime we knock, we say "Permisi" or Excuse me and knock really lightly, or bang our keys on the gate! So that's fun! We've gotten quite a few new people to visit and teach!

But yeah life is SO good! (Even though for some reazon this was like the longest week of my mission!) One funny thing that happened was were stopped to visit a referral from Pak RT, and we heard “Elder Elder" which is always exciting when someone actually wants to talk to us (and not just take a picture with the Bules (white people)). So we stopped. She started talking and I thought I understood, though I thought to myself "there's no way I'm understanding this right". SO long story short, she got really excited that Elder Cravens was from Tennessee. And she told that she wanted to go to America to find her parents - who were in fact Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe... But she only looked like an Indonesian because she had a stroke that turned her blonde hair Brown and her blue eyes brown, but you can still see a little blue (and her eyes "cannot lie"). And get this her name "Queen Mona Lisa Rosemary" and what else? She needs to go to America to get her inheritance. Because every time a product is marked with that trademark symbol "R" it actually stands for "Rosemary" and all belonged to her. And perhaps the craziest thing was she wasn't asking or money or anything- only prayers to help her get to America. Haha I don't mean to make fun or anything- but it was really funny!!! What an experience!
We had a visit from a bird, a roach and a rat.  i made myself a poncho case to carry it on my bike, so I don't forget it at home anymore.

Gunung Sumbing - Camera doesn't do it justice.
Andre Meme and Ezra were also confirmed with the Gift of the Holy Ghost this Sunday!! THat was super cool!! I am just so grateful for the Holy Spirit that can lead and guide us in all things- especially as a missionary!! I AM ALSO SO GRATEFUL for the Priesthood authority that we have to bless lives with things like the giving of the gift of the Holy Ghost. I truly know that through Joseph Smith, the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ had been restored to the Earth!! And I know that knowledge has blessed my life so much and can bless all of your lives as well!!! I love you all so so much!!

Elder Brown

Regarding news of the CV XC team - THat is so fantastic!!! Tell them all HI especially Corey and good luck to Ryan!! Can't believe Corey is home! That’s fantastic for CV- tell Ryan to tell them all good luck and I'm cheering for them!!

The new Elders are so fun Mom - love it!! The packages came... to MALANG ahhgg! But they'll get redirected here soon!!
Go ALICE!!!!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her!!

I just love you so much Mommy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment