Tuesday, July 5, 2016

I am grateful!

Hello Everyone!!!!

Great week this week! It has gone by really fast! A lot has gone on! Yeah we got to Host our first week! That was really cool!!! And really fun! I looked for Elder Brockbank but didn't find him. Though the next day I saw him three times!! 

That was so fun! I sent a picture!! He also played Soccer with us one day. We played Indonesians(and Elder Brockbank) vs ALL and we totally destroyed, even though the other team had a lot of really good players! It's so much fun! We've played soccer almost everyday! I'm working out hard, per Kyle's advice! It was also super fun to see Alli Yost! Apparently Casey Strauss is around here somewhere!

Haha some other things!

It was really fun! on July 2nd, we watched the Stadium of fire! That was fun!!! We had a fantastic devotional and talked some about the reformers and Columbus. During the fireworks, my district spent a good portion of the time attempting to "take a non-photogenic picture of me". They apparently didn't succeed, but I assured them I had many! We stayed up till midnight - not smart haha!

Sunday was greart!! It was awesome to take the Sacrament! I kind of forgot because it wasn't much different from other days- but I was really excited when I remembered! We really felt the spirit strongly!! It was awesome! We also watched the Testaments that night!  A lot of fun!

And thank you for the patriarchal blessing and all the notes you've left me! I love them!!!

Thank you so much for that Poem and those addresses! Also mom, do you know who said that quote, something along the lines of "When we reach Heaven, we will be amazed at how familiar the father is for us!" ...something like that? 

President Benson described it this way: “Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father and how familiar his face is to us.” 

Feel free to send conference talks and other things- for now, I can print them out!

We haven't yet gotten nor heard anything about our Visas, but we did get our shots!
We've heard a little bit about the mosquito spray treatment... not quite sure though!

The language is coming - I really need to keep pushing myself! I feel that I have learned so much, but the last couple of days, it feels like I am not progressing.  I know that through the help of the Lord, we are able to do all things. I am trying to be more faithful!

I'm sorry Mom and Drew that you are both injured. What happened??
I'll definitely be praying for you everyday! I already do pray for you every single day, but now I'll have something specific to ask for! I hope you get better soon!

I'm glad that people are looking at my Blog Mom. Thank you for doing that! I do love my friends all so much - I hope they know that and I am grateful for the letters they gave me before they left! I've opened some of them! Lot's of friends here too! No Collin Nelson Mom, I don't think he comes in for another week! But we get to host again tomorrow!! Speaking of hosts, Elder Demars is outta here!! It was so great to see him and I was glad I got to say goodbye!!

The food is similar to the Cannon Center and it is good, though not nearly even within the same universe of goodness as yours Mom!! 
 
The pictures I sent are somewhat labeled, but there's also one of my good new friends Elder Staheli (funnniest man on the planet) and Elder Ray(from Australia - he's a dodgy bugger!) and Elder Bastian (the only Missionary speaking Hmong in the MTC! Going to Wisconsin...) They rock!! And also Elder Siddoway and I rocking our fourth of July colors!!

My district is so cool!!! Elder Siddoway and Elder Drew are so funny!! They make us laugh! But also Elder Scott and Elder Forston and Elder Palmer too!! Sometimes it's hard to focus when there are so many reasons to laugh!! They are so great though!! We're working hard together! I love our whole district!!

Elder Siddoway was given stitches after a run-in with Elder Scott's Elbow - tidak baik! (not goood!) but he's fine! We often have nerf gun fights that can get pretty intense and we sing in the showers together! It is a lot of fun!!! We have a great time doing olahraga(sports) and some of our elders can talk smack, but so far the Indonesian district has been able to back it up! Tons of fun! Also I've been practicing my rap skills in Indonesian of course to keep everything fun! I don't know if Brother Rawle(our teacher) was horrified or amazed! :)

I'm trying to work hard!! I think I could definitely improve- A LOT! I'm trying!! But I know the Lord has my back for sure! I have absolutely felt his comfort and strength lifting me up this week!! I learned so much about the Atonement, both from study and experience!! It is the most incredible thing. God's love for us and also Jesus Christ's love for us is so incredibly incomprehensible! But I am so grateful for it and so grateful that I get the chance to serve the Lord as I set out on these two years. I cannot wait to get to Indonesia and teach the people! I am already beginning to love them and I cannot wait to share the incredibly wonderful message of the gospel. I learned this week that Christ knows us each personally and so deeply and it amazes me that he still loves us after seeing all our of faults and sins and shortcomings. I am so grateful for the Atonement and the love of Christ!
 
We have had great experiences teaching our investigators- we just started teaching Joko and will soon teach Alfred ( who may or may not actually be our teacher). IT is incredible still how strong the Spirit can be as you trust in God and bear testimony of him.

This Gospel is true!!

 I love you all!!


Elder Trevor Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment