Tuesday, July 19, 2016

All about Imam!

Hello friends and family!!

Elder Bennett - My new companion.
Everything here is great! Here is the news of the week:  I was removed from the trio and I am now Elder Bennett's new companion. That was sad because I really loved my companions in the Trio, but Elder Bennett is really great too, so it's all good! We've been having a good week! I am still learning so much and growing so much!!

We got to host again!! That was awesome!! I was amazed to see Uncle Shawn, Aunt Helene and Alex driving into the MTC!!! I had totally forgotten that he was coming that day!! So i ran down the line jumping and shouting "That's my cousin!!" It was so cool to be his host and I see him around a lot- he looks great!! He is also in Elder Nelson's district - crazy awesome!! So fun to see them randomly sitting next to each other at lunch one day!! Elder Nelson is also doing great! It is awesome to see him! I have a ton (like 10) Elders who came in from my ward and building this last week and a lot of friends who are Sisters - so great to see all of them! Tiana and Taylor both come in on the 3rd of August, so I'll barely miss them! When is Spencer's report date??

Three Liberty Lake Boys meet up in the MTC
Elder Brockbank left today, but luckily he, Elder Craig and I managed to meet up!! They are so great! A little crazy about that new law for Russia - Brother Rawle says it sounds like kind of how it already is in Indonesia. But yeah, so many friends to see - it is so great!! Elder Brockbank and I got to rock it on the soccer field one last time. 

Our Sunday devotional was so awesome this week!! Instead of a speaker, we watched an MTC talk by Elder Bednar entitled the "Character of Christ". It was incredible! He talked about how the Atonement was only made possible because of who Christ was- not only simply the fact that he is the Son of God - but because of the qualities and attributes he has! He talked about how we can come closer to Christ and be more like him. I have learned so much about the Atonement this week! It is incredible! I know that Atonement really occurred and that Jesus truly did Atone for all of our sins and sicknesses and trials and shortcomings. The Atonement has true power in our lives; it CAN change us and bless our lives, if we come unto Christ and allow him to. I have such a testimony that Jesus is the Christ. I've also learned a lot about faith, that it is "a principle of power and action". I have seen already how powerful and important faith is- in my own life, in my investigators life. My prayers to our Father in Heaven have become so much more sincere, pleading for faith and for help. But I also know that we must act on our faith! As we believe in Christ AND act on that belief to follow him, our faith will grow and we will be so blessed!
Sister MacFarlane arrived this week.
Well anyway, right as the video finished, the door opened and lo and behold, Elder Bednar and Sister Bednar walk right into the gym. It was so cool!!! He told us that he was there to answer any questions we had about "the Character of Christ". It was awesome. The spirit was so strong and Elder Bednar is so funny! It was so cool. He never called on me, but twice he was pointing at a kid directly in front of me and I though he was pointing at me!! It was great!

Also this week, I got called to be our district leader for the two weeks that we are still here (crazy - only two more weeks before Indonesia!!). So that's cool- I get to get the mail and do stuff like that!! Oh yeah and Elder Karr sent us some awesome packages for the whole district and a letter about how much he loves us and can't wait to join us in Indonesia!! he really is great! Hopefully we'll see him soon!

I am continually growing here at the MTC. I can very much more clearly see my own faults and failings - I'm trying to be humble and let God and Jesus Christ change me and help me become who they know I should be!! I've really learned the importance of faith and humility as I've been here! I'm always striving to be better, as we all should be all throughout our lives!

I love you all so much!! I pray for you everyday!
Saya mengasihi anda semua sangat banyak! Saya berdoa untuk anda setiap hari!

Elder Trevor Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment