Monday, April 23, 2018

Old Sewing Machine


Halo selamat siang semuanya!!
Apa kabar??

We had a wonderful (and very busy week) this week. We had some very long days in the office as it seemed every time we almost finished with something we were given something else to do haha... man, but it is such a privilege to be able to help out where we can. And we still were able to go out and see the Lord working miracles. So no complaints here, just grateful I get to be here!

We saw a lot of miracles this week. One that I want to share is about a family. We were finally able to meet with them. I really feel like the Lord guided us as we figured out what we needed to teach. Eventually we read 1 Nephi Chapter 8 together about Lehi's dream and how we need to hold to the iron rod "berpegang erat" if we want to make it safely to the tree and eternal life. After we taught we invited them to be baptized and they accepted! Hebat! The real miracle to me is that I met the father of this family on the bus just about 10 months ago when I first moved to Jakarta (the first time). At that time we let the assistants teach him and now I have the opportunity to teach him again. It's really amazing how the Lord works with and builds people little by little. Please pray for them.

Well this is the week! I am moving! I am headed out to serve in the city of Bandung for my last couple months!! Wahoooo!!! I will be training a new missionary which is really awesome!! I am excited! I actually won't leave until next Monday. It will be a blast!

I will miss Jakarta as it has been my home for quite a while now and I will miss Elder Nordwald but he and Elder Smith (my replacement ) will do wonderful things!
 
In other news, within the hour my beloved ex-comp Elder Johnson will be here with his whole group. They are going home. Gila! :0 So crazy. But President Subandriyo is bringing all of them to Taman Safari and Elder Nordwald and I are invited. SO that will be way fun!!! We are excited!!

In other news....

Oh I stole... or borrowed... Sister Rowley's old sewing machine and I used to fix my tan pants, so now I have a whole three wearable pairs - woohoo.

We also rode bikes again and that was super fun!

Life is great and I am so grateful to be here!! I love the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that I have been called here to Indonesia by Him and that this is His work.

I hope everyone takes a little time this week to ponder the Savior and what He truly did for us and to think about how you can share His love with others this week.

I really love you all!

Shout out to my adorable niece Emma!! One year old! Happy Birthday!

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment