Monday, April 9, 2018

Life is great!!


Hello Everyone! Salam dari Indonesia!

We had a really great week this week!! Really busy as usual haha seems like I say that every single week.

We had kind of an interesting experience this week where we totally forgot that there were four local missionaries who were coming in to be set apart by President Subandriyo... oops. So we were a little surprised but luckily we were reminded just in time it all turned out okay. Though because of helping them and a fireside with them, we didn't actually leave Senopati (the mission home) that day which is always slightly depressing haha buuuttt it was also a huge tender mercy! Because two of those Elders were from Malang where I used to serve and one used to go on splits with us and the other was inactive when I was there and then since I left, he became active and is now on a mission. And that is just such an incredible thing to see. Really lifted my spirits and helped me remember how true the Gospel really is. Amazing!!

And how about that General Conference huh?? Way good! I loved all of the messages from President Nelson. I know he is truly called of God and the things he is changing truly are inspired of God. I especially loved Elder Durrant's talk and Elder Causse's talk. Really wonderful messages. From Elder Durrant, I just know that those decisions to have family prayer and scripture and family home evening will bless families everywhere undescribably. I am so grateful for my experiences as I grew up in a wonderful family with parents who actively applied those principles (thanks Mom and Dad!! You rock!). I also loved the simple testimonies of the Savior and the divinity of His Atoning sacrifice. The things that Elder Causse spoke about. How the Gospel is all about the People. I love that - helps put into perspective what it means to truly be a servant of Christ.

The rest of this week was great. We had the privilege of going on splits with the Surabaya Zone Leaders. I split with Elder Darby a new Zone Leader reminded me of myself a year ago when I was in his shoes. Crazy - but he is SO much more prepared than I was haha. Really good to see how awesome the younger missionaries are. I learned a lot from him. We had a cool experience. We wanted to eat dinner and he wanted Ayam Goreng (Fried Chicken) and I was like "Well we can eat this normal Ayam Goreng... or we can walk over that way and eat Ayam Gepuk (the most delicious kind of Ayam Goreng)" so of course we chose the latter because Elder Darby's not a scrub. Then when we went there, in addition to the delicious food, there were three boys who were very interested as we taught them about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Kind of cool to see how the Lord uses my favorite foods to help us meet His children who are searching for the truth.

 

We also had MLC this week!! That was great! President Subandriyo made some changes for last time and we all learned a lot from President Suabndriyo. IT was sa lot of fun. This time, we bought Carl's Jr. Burgers, which was wonderful. On Fridays, it's buy one, get one free. So we each got two burgers - it's fun when you are the one in charge of ordering the food haha :)

Anyway life is great!! We had quite a few investigators come to General Conference and that was a great. Some of the girls from our English class came as well and after that were asking us about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. That was a miracle for us for sure! Everything is going great!!


I do know that God lives and He loves us. I know that the messages we received at General Conference truly are from God.

I love you all!!
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment