Monday, March 5, 2018

Loving Serving the Lord

Selamat siang semuanya! Or maybe it's malam over there. Apa Kabar??

Hopefully everyone had an awesome week :)

This week was super duper crazy awesome for us. "Why?" you may ask. 3 reasons.

1. S was baptized! Wahoo!!
2. M was confirmed!!
3. We left Jakarta!! :)

So that was all so great!! Starting from the bottom... Elder Johnson and I had the wonderful opportunity to go visit the fabulous cities of Yogyakarta and Magelang (my birth-city!! or in other words, the first place I served). It was awesome!

Tuesday night, we flew out to Jogja and spent the night with Elders McWhorter and Forston, both of whom I love. On wednesday I got to work with Elder McWhorter which was awesome because he is such a stud and it brought us back to our Manado days! We had some great experiences and taught some wonderful people. loved it.

That night we traveled on to Magelang. It was like a dream come true to go back! I was so excited banget I was pointing everything out to Elder Johnson the whole way! We stayed with Elders Schofield, Suparman, Call and Simanjuntak who are all studs. Tons of fun to see them and get to know them all better. I had the chance to work with Elder Call on Thursday. Way fun - he is a rocking missionary. I was riding Elder Simanjuntak's bike and the pedal fell off - the whole thing. (This is right after pourig rain and riding through floods - super fun!) and so I was kind of like "We should probably get this fixed..." He responds "Yeah theres a place over there... but let's contact in this area first!" So we went contacting with me riding my bike with the pedal in my pocket and using my foot to propel myself forward. Haha turns out he was in tune with Spirit because when I wanted to go fix the bika, he knew there were people in that place that we needed to meet.

Thursday night we headed back to Jogja and slept with Elder Port and Elder Gomez and then woke up in the morning to get to the airport. Our flight was two and a half hours late haha. Anyway great time, I just hope it hehlped the missionaries we worked with in some way.

M was confirmed this week!! That was especially awesome:)

AND S was baptized!! It was SO great and she was so prepared. She's been super excited all week which was really awesome. Elder Jensen was able to baptize her which was really cool! He used Indonesian even though he had to read part of it. It was just a really awesome service and the ward was so welcoming which was just great. We were so blessed to have the chance to teach her. She is amazing.

Trevor always loved taking pictures with this
 volcano when he was assigned to Magelang, so
first thing when he gets back - picture with the Volcano.
So anyway, great week! Loving serving the Lord. I do know that this is truly His work. I do know that God loves all His children.

I love you all so much!


Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment