Monday, December 18, 2017

Merry Christmas

How are you?? How is everything? I LOVE hearing the news from home.

I feel bad - the weeks seem to be flying by and I never know what to tell you about anymore. Transfers are this coming Tuesday and last week was intense trying to figure everything out. As a result, we spent more time in the office than we would have liked... but that's okay - we are still helping the Lord's work even if just in a different way. So for transfers, I am staying here in Jakarta, but my companion Elder Sutadi is not, which is a bummer because I really love working with him. He's a stud! But my new companion will be ... ELDER JOHNSON. I'm stoked - I love that guy. So that's exciting :)

We had a pretty great week though! We met this one really cool family -The dad is a media referral which means that he contacted the church through the website and asked us to come visit him. We were looking for his house and walked a pretty long way along this road and we finally got to the end. We started at number 1 and went to 200 or so without seeing his house and so we called him and we were like "Yeah we're at the end of this road in front of this warnet (internet cafe)" and he responded "Oh I own that warnet; I'm there now." It was a little miracle for us becasue we were pretty tired and our other appointments had fallen through. Just little things like that help me know that the Lord truly is leading us. They have adorable kids. They didn't make it to church, but we are hoping next week.

We had a great lesson with Brother J and he's totally ready to be baptised next week, so that's exciting. We invited him to eat with us, intending to buy him dinner and then he paid for us, which was so nice of him. He's a great guy!

Our new members are still doing good. Brother H walked into church today with a fresh haircut in a suit and tie and he looked so good! He looked so clean and awesome. It has been amazing to see the changes in him as he has learned and been baptized. He is an stud.

We got to watch the Christmas Devotional in church which was great. I love Christmas SO much. It makes me so happy and filled with Christ's love for those around me. We sang Christmas songs and half caroled on Sunday when we visited a part-member family. That was great. Christmas is still awesome even without snow! Though I do miss snow. Mom, I put up the nativity you sent me last year and it makes me so happy - thank you! :)

I hope everyone is remembering Christmas and the reason for the season. I hope everyone is loving the snow and making snowmen and snowballs. I hope everyone is taking time to make that extra effort to bless someone else's day and to bring the Christmas Spirit to those around you! The  Christmas season really is an incredible time. I hope you all know that I love you so much and miss you a lot, especially at this wonderful Christmas time!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Love


Elder Brown

1 comment:

  1. AGEN TERBESAR DAN TERPERCAYA www.sabungayamandroid.com ! BONUS NEW MEMBER 10% !! WA : +6281377055002 | BBM : D1A1E6DF | BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete