Monday, February 12, 2018

Good Morning Jakarta!

Good morning Jakarta!
That's what I sing every morning when we go out. Well actually I don't haha, but now that I thought of it, I'll probably start singing it everyday :)

Well things in Jakarta are just dandy! I hope everything is super-duper swell in America with all the wonderful people I love there! I hope everyone is happy! And if you're not - I know just thing that can help you be happier. Everyday I go around Jakarta doing my best to share the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ with people because I know it is truth and joy, at its fullest.

I was thinking a lot about the joy of the Gospel this week and how I personally can take greater joy in the Gospel and better bring that joy to others. I love Christ's words "Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world"(John 16:33). When we know that because of Him, everything can be okay. Our weaknesses, pains, sins and imperfections can be swallowed up in Him. Through Him, we too can overcome the world, so why not "be of good cheer"? :) I'd like to start seeing myself more of a "penyebar sukacita" than a "penginjil" which is to say more of a "spreader of joy" than a "person who gospel-izes other people" (haha sometimes it's hard to translate the meaning of these Indonesian words).

Anyway, its been a great week of spreading joy with Elder Johnson and I in the beautiful city of Jakarta. We have had some wonderful experiences sharing our testimonies of Jesus Christ and His Gospel.

We had a great lesson with S as she expressed her desire to be a missionary and share the Gospel. Some of the Sisters in Relief Society told us that she bore her testimony that she knew this Church was true. That was cool. She is still planning on being baptized on the 4th of March. She rocks - she is so great.

We have tons of awesome investigators - we are just trying to help them see the joy of the Gospel. Jesus taught "the truth shall make you free" (John 8:32) and it is so true. I wish people would see how much understanding the truth about the Savior and His doctrine is so freeing and bringing such blessings of happiness in our lives, no matter who we are or where we are.

Cool experiences at church - we were watching a video in class entitled "Families Can Be Together Forever" and it shows a bunch of video clips of families doing cute things, and right there precisely at 2:27, there is my Uncle Eric, just nonchalantly picking up his bike. Haha I got so excited and it made me so happy! So shoutout to Eric Jensen and the Jensens for being a wonderful example of a happy family :) Speaking of can you send me Alice and Sam's mailing addresses, so that I can mail them letters? :)

One other cool thing at church - our simpatisan John (who was baptized about a month and a half ago - so not a simpatisan anymore) blessed the Sacrament. It was wonderful, he is such a good man! What a sweet experience to see him exercise his priesthood :)

Anyway its been a great week! Lots of fun experiences!! One of which : Elder Johnson and I often (VERY often) eat at the same place right in front of our house called Ayam Gepuk which is this delicious Fried Chicken, with super-spicy sambal (Indonesian sauce made from smashed chilis, salt, garlic and oil - amazing :) and it is so good and we are such good friends with the workers. and they gave us SHIRTS and they are literally the coolest things - we will send pictures :)

I love you all so much!!
Go find the happiness this week!!!

Love

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment